by Renee Israel
NetEnt, the top online gambling software group, has rolled out a new branded
slot game for players. The new EmojiPlanet video slot can be found at online casinos that carry games by
NetEnt, and it is said that the game is already turning heads in casino games lobbies.
EmojiPlanet slot comes hot on the heels of the release of the hit feature film, The Emoji Movie, directed by Tony Leondis and starring TJ Miller, James Corden and Anna Faris, among others.
Once more, NetEnt has taken the hottest trend in mainstream culture and produced a slot game based on the theme. NetEnt's branded slots are famous industry-wide, and they include eight titles in total: Frankenstein slot, Scarface slot, South Park slot, Creature from the Black Lagoon slot, Aliens slot, South Park: Reel Chaos slot, Invisible Man slot and Dracula slot.
What is EmojiPlanet Slot All About?
Emojis (for those who have been out of things for a while) are small digital images or icons that are used in electronic communication to express an idea or emotion. They have become so
'essential' to social media that they are considered an integral part of any communication. There seems to be an emoji for every possible emotion; however, NetEnt has opted to focus on the most popular ones, including Tears of Joy which, incidentally was considered Twitter's most popular emoji in 2015.
When the chief product officer of NetEnt, Simon Hammon announced plans to develop EmojiPlanet Slot earlier this year, he had this to say:
"As a leader in both mobile online gaming and innovation, emojis are a perfect fit with NetEnt. Every day, millions
- if not billions - of people around the world enjoy using emojis. They have become a language in their own right; it's
hard to think of a more collectively familiar and loved brand to partner up
NetEnt was able to create the branded EmojiPlanet slot thanks to a licensing deal signed with Global Merchandising Services. The group's manager stated at the time that GMS was excited to
"bring the colorful and exciting world from The Emoji Company to the gaming
NetEnt also chose to roll out EmojiPlanet very near to the release of The Emoji Movie, which was first screened last month. The 3D computer animated comedy premiered in the United States on July 23rd, 2017, and EmojiPlanet
slot was released exactly one month later.
Simon Hammon said about the new game, following its release this week: "The emoji has become a worldwide phenomenon, so we're
pleased to be able to give players the chance to enter their world."
"EmojiPlanet was made to bring fun and laughter to the gaming experience, and we're confident our players will love this unique encounter and everything it offers," he added.
EmojiPlanet Slot Features
The basic DNA of EmojiPlanet video slot by NetEnt is made up of five reels and 6 rows, themed
- as you have surely picked up by now - on emojis. The visual impact of this game is superb
- made up of eight of the best-loved emjois that include two hears, pizza slices, kisses, poo (!) and smiley faces. Look out for the latter that rewards you with 500 x your stake if you land 30 on the reel set.
The wild symbol in this game is the Star symbol, which can appear anywhere on the reels and substitutes for all other symbols in the game to create winning combinations.
The best feature in EmojiPlanet slot is the Avalanche feature. Players may remember this feature from another one of NetEnt's best-seller slot games, Gonzo's Quest. The general idea of the Avalanche feature is that the symbols fall into position instead of traditional spinning. To achieve a winning combination, players need to form clusters of symbols or five or more symbols. Naturally, the more clusters that form, the bigger the rewards.
Winning clusters will begin an Avalanche. Winning symbols explode and disappear, and their spaces are filled with new symbols.
There are five Emoji Meters - the Bomb Meter, the Pizza Meter, the Kiss Mark Meter, the Rocket Meter and the 2 Hearts Meter. Each time you destroy a symbol through the Avalanche feature, the game calculates which symbols you destroyed. Those destroyed Emojis are then added to the corresponding Emoji Meter. Your objective is to get twelve of a particular Emoji to fill the meter. When this is done, the Emoji feature (corresponding to that Emoji) is triggered.
EmojiPlanet Slot Mini Emoji Bonus Games
This brings us to the second bonus feature of EmojiPlanet slot - the mini bonus games that are triggered by filling the Emoji Meter.
* Bomb Feature: This feature has you destroy eight random symbols in the
game. For each symbol destroyed, you will receive a random cash prize of
anything between five and one hundred times your stake.
* Kiss Mark Feature: NetEnt has thrown three random sticky wilds into the play, which remain on the reel set. Each of these sticky wild symbols has three
'lives'. If one of these sticky wilds form part of a winning combination, it 'dies'. For each sticky wild symbol, you will be rewarded with three wins.
* Rocket Feature: Look out for the stack of ten wild symbols that make their way on and above one of the reels with a winning combination. An Avalanche occurs and the new wilds appear on the reels.
* Pizza Feature: This feature is essentially a 3 x 3 overlay of a randomly picked symbol that appears randomly on the reels. The symbol cannot be the scatter symbol.
* 2 Hearts Feature: This will be your go-to feature if you have not managed to achieve winning combinations or if no Emoji features are activated. Your reward in this feature will depend on the number of times the meter is filled, with an additional +1.
Betting on EmojiPlanet Slot
You can wager a total of 20 coins per spin in EmojiPlanet slot game, with the option to wager anything from 0.20 to 200.00 per spin. As such, it is clear that the new slot has been created for all players in mind.
A top jackpot of 10,000 coins awaits lucky players.